This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] posix/tst-getaddrinfo4: Consider EAI_NODATA as an expected result
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexey Brodkin <Alexey dot Brodkin at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, linux-snps-arc at lists dot infradead dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:07:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] posix/tst-getaddrinfo4: Consider EAI_NODATA as an expected result
- References: <email@example.com>
* Alexey Brodkin:
> Some proxy DNS servers might not resolve IPv6 names to addresses.
> Instead they reply with NOERROR while passing no real data.
> That combination of NOERROR and EAI_NODATA happen because the DNS
> server has a recored for requested name (example.net in our case)
> but that record is not of AAAA type which was requested.
I think this invalidates the test to a large degree. I don't think this
is a valid test environment. You need to fix it.