Re: glibc git commit hooks update.

* DJ Delorie:

> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
>> Sorry, I don't understand.  You voiced concerns about the interference
>> with IRC and Bugzilla, and we solved that today.
>
> Yes, and also changed the rules about what's allowed in a private
> branch.  Given the relaxed rules and isolation from irc/mail, there
> would be a "new optimum" in best practices.  I hope ;-)

Yes, but I don't know what these practices will look like.  I
personally have little experience with projects that use a shared
repository with private branches.

I plan to push most of my unmerged local branches to sourceware in the
coming days.  It remains to be seen if this possibility will lead to
changes in our patch review procedures.  It could be quite helpful to
be able to see exactly what is proposed for commit, with all details
(commit message, author, author date, and so on).