This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH updated] Use a proper C tokenizer to implement the obsolete typedefs test.
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:05:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH updated] Use a proper C tokenizer to implement the obsolete typedefs test.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 11:51 AM Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Feb 18 2019, Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> wrote:
> > * bits/types.h (__SQUAD_TYPE, __S64_TYPE): Define as __int64_t.
> > (__UQUAD_TYPE, __U64_TYPE): Define as __uint64_t.
> > Update commentary.
> > * sys/types.h (__u_intN_t): Remove.
> These files are both in posix/.
I understand what you are trying to communicate here, but someone with
less experience would not necessarily realize that you were pointing
out that these change log entries refer to the files by the wrong
pathnames. Would it kill you to be a little more specific?