This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Derivation of constants used in x86_64 libmvec implementation
- From: Bert Tenjy <bert dot tenjy at gmail dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:06:58 -0600
- Subject: Derivation of constants used in x86_64 libmvec implementation
- References: <CAA=PTDGoOPcYHAo1Lm4R_4DGUFLb5bQ5vwVS-y9fxRV7z=m3VA@mail.gmail.com>
The comments at the top of several assembly files states "...The table
may contain polynomial, reduction, lookup coefficients obtained through
different research and experimental work."
Any pointers at more specific literature that would assist in deriving
these constants will be much appreciated.
To be specific, deriving the following and other similar constants in
sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/svml_d_trig_data.S, is the information being sought:
__dPI1_FMA, __dPI2_FMA, __dPI3_FMA,__dC1,__dC1_sin,__dRShifter_la