Re: How to debug test-in-container failures?

Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:
> How can I run a GDB installed in the container using the container
> harness?

should be as easy as this:

$ ./testrun.sh support/test-container bin/gdb

> I think I may have an issue which only triggers under the harness, hence
> the question.

Unless you mean "how do I gdb something run under the harness" in which
case it's the same problem as debugging a non-harness; test-container is
a just-built binary like any other test binary.

>> I will add that "make nss/tests" also works, but "make -C nss test" no
>> longer works, as it bypasses the rule that installs the testroot.
>
> Does “make nss/tests” rebuild the container install?

Should, those are what the dependencies are on...

$(tests-container) $(addsuffix /tests,$(subdirs)) : \
                $(objpfx)testroot.pristine/install.stamp
$(objpfx)testroot.pristine/install.stamp :