This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] libio: Use stdin consistently for input functions [BZ #24153]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 10:52:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libio: Use stdin consistently for input functions [BZ #24153]
- References: <email@example.com> <CALoOobOKEEDx4Sk3NstJVtgz4ZZiz3NY=sY75VW2nARV2e-C3w@mail.gmail.com>
* Paul Pluzhnikov:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 4:58 AM Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The internal _IO_stdin_ variable is not updated when the application
>> assigns to stdin, which is a GNU extension.
>> 2019-02-01 Florian Weimer <email@example.com>
>> [BZ #24153]
> I didn't realize there was a separate (from BZ 24051) bug for stdin,
> and prepared effectively this same patch.
> Looks good to me.
Thanks, and sorry about that. I have pushed my patch.
I'm testing another patch which removes the internal pointer variables
altogether, similar to what I posted before.