This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Require GCC 6.2 or later to build glibc
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot eti dot br>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 10:03:02 -0200
- Subject: Re: Require GCC 6.2 or later to build glibc
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Thu, Jan 31 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:
> Thus, this patch increases the minimum to 6.2, removing the
> documentation of the separate requirement for powerpc64le. It does
> not remove the powerpc64le configure test, or any __GNUC_PREREQ that
> could be removed as not being in installed headers or files shared
> with gnulib; I think such cleanups are best done separately.
I'd like to keep the tests for powerpc64le requirements, namely, the
checks for the presence of quad-precision builtins, and POWER8 as target
(sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/le/configure.ac). Was it your intention to
suggest that we should remove the check for the builtins or are these
cleanups about __GNUC_PREREQ alone?
The patch looks good to me.