Re: Stop test-in-container trying to run other-OS binaries

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:
> > In this case, the x86 architecture means the binary executes, but
> > dumps core rather than actually working.
>
> Because cross-compiled, I assume?

Yes.  Whatever Hurd interfaces it attempts to access obviously aren't
available.

> If it can't change, we don't (shouldn't?) need the testroot *at all*,
> because test-container will never run either.

It's not needed - the reasoning for keeping the rest of the creation (that
works fine without needing to be able to run binaries using the new glibc)
was more to minimize the differences between the cross and native testing
cases (so any problems with the rest of the Makefile rules for creating
the testroot would still be detected in cross testing, for example).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com