This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] argp: do not call _IO_fwide() if _LIBC is not defined
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Charles-Antoine Couret <charles-antoine dot couret at essensium dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 16:51:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] argp: do not call _IO_fwide() if _LIBC is not defined
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 28 Nov 2018, Charles-Antoine Couret wrote:
> _IO_fwide() is defined in libio.h file. This file is included only
> when _LIBC is defined.
> So, in case of compilation of these files without _LIBC definition,
> the compilation failed due to this unknown function.
To confirm: is this (as it looks like) a change that is bringing in some
conditionals from gnulib, in exactly the form in which they appear in the
gnulib version of this code, and are there other differences between the
two versions that would also be desirable to merge? (The gnulib version
is the one that is expected to be portable for use outside of glibc.
Ideally the glibc and gnulib versions of shared code would be identical.)
Joseph S. Myers