Re: Automating the maintenance of the ChangeLog file

"Zack Weinberg" <zackw@panix.com> writes:

> I would like to separate the discussion of *how we could automate
> maintenance of the ChangeLog file* from the discussion of *whether we
> should keep writing ChangeLog entries, by hand or with some level of
> machine assistance*.

For what it is worth, I have worked on both gnu and llvm projects. IMHO
the big day to day difference is not even the new and shinny design, it
is the lesser extent of the self inflicted pain. Not having to write
boilerplate in an arcane format would go a long way in reducing the pain
in gnu projects.

Cheers,
Rafael