This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] mtrace: record backtrace of memory allocation/deallocation
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kyeong Yoo <kyeong dot yoo at alliedtelesis dot co dot nz>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:30:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mtrace: record backtrace of memory allocation/deallocation
- References: <email@example.com>
Some general observations:
* We'll need a copyright assignment (and employer assignment / disclaimer
if applicable) on file at the FSF to consider this patch.
* A new feature needs documenting both in the glibc manual (memory.texi in
this case) and with a NEWS file entry.
* A new feature should also have testcases added.
* An mtrace.pl option would be needed to specify the addr2line program to
use, for cross-compilation cases. That option would need to be used in
the testcases. See bug 23681 for discussion of the proper form configure
tests for such binutils programs should take.
Joseph S. Myers