This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: proposal: disable tcache when using malloc_check
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:54:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: proposal: disable tcache when using malloc_check
- References: <email@example.com>
* DJ Delorie:
> This is a fairly trivial change with significant side effects. The
> idea is that when one is using malloc_check (via tunables or environ)
> correctness and paranoia are favored over performance. Thus, as
> tcache bypasses all the malloc_check semantics, it should be disabled
> therein so that every malloc/free/etc get the full malloc_check
> Does anyone have any opinions for or against this idea?
> * malloc/hooks.c (__malloc_check_init): Disable tcache.
I think it's the right thing to do.