This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Indentation, tabs, and spaces (was re: [PATCH] support: Implement TEST_COMPARE_STRING)
- From: David Newall <glibc at davidnewall dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 10:36:23 +1030
- Subject: Re: Indentation, tabs, and spaces (was re: [PATCH] support: Implement TEST_COMPARE_STRING)
- References: <CAKCAbMhOr2=peqhfG9rarW15nJT7zA=2AaXPOYGScCBD1aG9qw@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On 8/11/18 3:13 am, Joseph Myers wrote:
Reformatting makes it difficult to see what was changed using diff and
so, in my opinion, should never be done; and particularly not for petty
reasons like indent.
On the subject of any global formatting changes: for files that came from
external sources but are no longer merged from such sources, do people
think global reformattings into GNU style would be appropriate?