This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 0/2] Multiple locales: Use the correct date and time formats (bug 10496, 23724).
- From: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 23:44:32 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Multiple locales: Use the correct date and time formats (bug 10496, 23724).
This is to some extent a continuation of the previous thread. 
I publish these patches in order to gather more feedback, both from
this list and from other sources. I hesitate to commit immediately
because they change as many as 80 locales which I have almost no
knowledge about. If anybody can see any problem here then please say.
Otherwise, if I don't get any sustained objection in a week I will push
these patches to master.
1. Is it OK to use variable width date formats?
(Thank you TAMUKI Shoichi for raising this concern )
2. Is it OK to use "%l" (hour, 1-12, space padded) instead of
"%I" (hour, 01-12, zero padded) when CLDR uses "h" (hour, no padding)?