This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH] Unconditionally call __gconv_get_path when reading iconv configuration
- From: Arjun Shankar <arjun dot is at lostca dot se>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 16:02:35 +0000
- Subject: [PATCH] Unconditionally call __gconv_get_path when reading iconv configuration
__gconv_read_conf is only ever called once during the program's lifetime.
This means that __gconv_path_elem is always uninitialized when the function
begins executing. __gconv_get_path has an assert to ensure that this
expected runtime behaviour is always exhibited. Given this, checking for a
NULL value before calling __gconv_get_path is unnecessary. This commit
drops the condition and calls __gconv_get_path unconditionally.
2018-11-01 Arjun Shankar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* iconv/gconv_conf.c (__gconv_read_conf): Remove NULL check for
__gconv_path_elem and call __gconv_get_path unconditionally.
Tested on x86_64.
diff --git a/iconv/gconv_conf.c b/iconv/gconv_conf.c
index 78010491e6..2b73dd8f45 100644
@@ -552,8 +552,7 @@ __gconv_read_conf (void)
/* Find out where we have to look. */
- if (__gconv_path_elem == NULL)
- __gconv_get_path ();
+ __gconv_get_path ();
for (cnt = 0; __gconv_path_elem[cnt].name != NULL; ++cnt)