This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/4] Remove the error handling wrapper from exp and exp2
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com>
- To: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot eti dot br>
- Cc: nd <nd at arm dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 12:42:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] Remove the error handling wrapper from exp and exp2
- References: <email@example.com> <20181026175536.140b55cc@tereshkova> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20181029091227.347952c7@tereshkova>
On 29/10/18 12:12, Gabriel F. T. Gomes wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
>> yeah i can't find this in bugzilla, but it is a bug as far
>> as i can tell: for a symbol version only the location
>> matters where it points to, not what expression you used
>> for the location, and there is no reason to disallow
>> multiple symbol versions to point to the same location.
> I also don't understand why it should be forbidden. Do you have plans to
> report it? You could then mention the bug number in your patch, and we
> could clean it up (comment and aliases) when glibc requires a new enough
> version of binutils.