This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] i64: fix missing exp2f, log2f and powf symbols in libm.a [BZ #23822]
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 12:49:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] i64: fix missing exp2f, log2f and powf symbols in libm.a [BZ #23822]
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 26 Oct 2018, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> When new symbol versions were introduced without SVID compatible
> error handling the exp2f, log2f and powf symbols were accidentally
> removed from the ia64 lim.a. The regression was introduced by
> the commits
> New expf and exp2f version without SVID compat wrapper
> New symbol version for logf, log2f and powf without SVID compat
> With WEAK_LIBM_ENTRY(foo), there is a hidden __foo and weak foo
> symbol definition in both SHARED and !SHARED build.
> 2018-10-26 Szabolcs Nagy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> [BZ #23822]
> * sysdeps/ia64/fpu/e_exp2f.S (exp2f): Use WEAK_LIBM_ENTRY.
> * sysdeps/ia64/fpu/e_log2f.S (log2f): Likewise.
> * sysdeps/ia64/fpu/e_exp2f.S (powf): Likewise.
OK (should also be applied to the release/2.27/master and
release/2.28/master branches, as a fix for a regression present in those
Joseph S. Myers