This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: V5 [PATCH 2/2] x86: Add a LD_PRELOAD IFUNC resolver test for CPU_FEATURE_USABLE
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:06:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: V5 [PATCH 2/2] x86: Add a LD_PRELOAD IFUNC resolver test for CPU_FEATURE_USABLE
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAMe9rOrkrRd3Ms+J3gw_6O8zqL4-=G+ixrjsygVUamhXffdh3w@mail.gmail.com>
* H. J. Lu:
> I guess you knew that this issue was independent of my new functions.
> You will get the same error regardless of what the get_free body has.
Yes, the check is certainly overly conservative. I thought we want to
remove it. Don't we trigger it in glibc in a few places? If the check
is gone, then I think we will see incorrect results from the new
I think we are very consistent right now when it comes to relocations in
IFUNC handlers. I want to see this settled before adding something that
requires a relocation which is (among other things) targeted at IFUNC