This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve adherance to the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines
- From: David Newall <davidn at davidnewall dot com>
- To: Matthew Garrett <matthewgarrett at google dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: rms at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 12:03:22 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve adherance to the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 23/10/18 2:25 am, Matthew Garrett wrote:
As documented in https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html,
GNU projects should aim to communicate in ways that are not unwelcoming.
Multiple people have indicated that they found this joke unwelcoming,
and in addition it is an unrelated and off-topic political issue: as the
Guidelines say, "Please don't raise unrelated political issues in GNU
Project discussions, because they are off-topic".
It's not a project discussion, so "as the Guidelines say" is not relevant.
Humour is a good thing and I oppose removing the joke.