This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v11 1/3] Y2038: provide size of default time_t for target architecture
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Albert ARIBAUD (3ADEV)" <albert dot aribaud at 3adev dot fr>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:55:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v11 1/3] Y2038: provide size of default time_t for target architecture
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 19 Oct 2018, Albert ARIBAUD (3ADEV) wrote:
> To determine whether the default time_t interfaces are 32-bit
> and so need conversions, or are 64-bit and so are compatible
> with the internal 64-bit type without conversions, a macro
> giving the size of the default time_t is also required.
> This macro is called __TIMESIZE.
> This macro can then be used instead of __WORDSIZE in msq-pad.h
> and shm-pad.h files, which in turn allows removing their x86
> variants, and in sem-pad.h files but keeping the x86 variant.
> This patch was tested by running 'make check' on branch master
> then applying this patch and running 'make check' again, and
> checking that both 'make check' yield identical results.
> This was done on x86_64-linux-gnu and i686-linux-gnu.
This patch is OK.
Joseph S. Myers