This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] termios: non-standard baudrates are not handled properly on Linux-systems (BZ#10339)
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 16:55:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] termios: non-standard baudrates are not handled properly on Linux-systems (BZ#10339)
Adhemerval Zanella <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> 2. Those baud rates are actually *used*, especially in applications driven
> from a clock with an integral number of MHz. For example, MIDI is
> basically a 31,250 bps (1/32 Mbps) serial port with an optoisolator.
> Finally, there are those that support extremely high baud rates, like
> 12 Mbps.
I will add that 250,000 baud is a common 3D printer speed.