This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix BZ 23187 -- stack overflow for many Phdrs
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 10:26:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix BZ 23187 -- stack overflow for many Phdrs
- References: <CALoOobMmpZyrAsXqKrLuvO+c1Et88Cq6Kb2rY8N76NA5ihmCYA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CALoOobPzjc0rP+SBfamZTa6+R9c78x6J0A=fhxax+jtmO_eC5w@mail.gmail.com>
On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 1:30 PM Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 1:05 PM Adhemerval Zanella
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On 22/05/2018 19:51, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > I will review this patch and I think we can proceed once it is upstream
> > (I take it should not have any real blocker based on your message).
> Am I therefore to wait for DJ's patch to land? The discussion on it
> appears to have stopped last August.
> I don't think there is any particular hurry to handle this (BZ 23187,
> very abnormal) test case, but I'd like to have a completion time
> horizon that is not measured in years :-)
It's now 4 months later, and there is still (AFAICT) no movement on
DJ's patch :-(
Is waiting for it to land still the right approach?