Re: Use round functions not __round functions in glibc libm [committed]

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:37 AM Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> Continuing the move to use, within libm, public names for libm
> functions that can be inlined as built-in functions on many
> architectures, this patch moves calls to __round functions to call the
> corresponding round names instead, with asm redirection to __round
> when the calls are not inlined.

No objection to the patch itself, but ...

> It's logically correct to let the compiler make such an
> optimization; an appropriate asm redirection of lroundl to __lroundl
> is thus added to that file (it's not needed anywhere else).

... wouldn't it be better to put this redirection in include/math.h
anyway, so that if it becomes needed in another place in the future,
we won't have to do anything special to enable it?

zw