This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Bootstrap build problem after V8 test-in-container patch".
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: sellcey at cavium dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:23:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap build problem after V8 test-in-container patch".
Zack Weinberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This sounds like a job for automake's "missing" script.
Heh, the problem happens when it's user-specified but *not* missing,
just the wrong one. If you're building an arm-linux glibc, and have
CC=arm-linux-gcc but CXX=g++ you get a mismatch because g++ *does*
If you *don't* set CXX, then yeah, configure can set it to "missing".
But recall my thoughts on configure guessing better ;-)