This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Enable VDSO on statically linked programs.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Rafael Avila de Espindola <rafael at espindo dot la>
- Cc: "libc-alpha\@sourceware.org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:29:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Enable VDSO on statically linked programs.
- References: <Rt9LNuZNJXNeI-mSgZ_YAja7MzVVLO7IYVyN2uyhHcnpBpJH9yzQATx-2GaiHZoMA6mScM6GvrheNFkdCQK4ZGmDbbXhVJ-RI1dp0AGlezAemail@example.com>
* Rafael Avila de Espindola:
> The new version has fixed the indentation of preprocessor directives
> and changed a few tests to also be linked statically. The tests don't
> show that the VDSO is being used, but show that the functions now
> using the VDSO still work.
What's the size impact on binaries which did not need rtld before?