This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Introduce --enable-math-noprivate
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:35:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Introduce --enable-math-noprivate
- References: <DB5PR08MB103002AE08ED9CA20853906F83130@DB5PR08MB1030.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, Wilco Dijkstra wrote:
> Similarly the strtod_nan* dependency seems worthwhile to remove too.
> If these are the main dependencies between libc and libm, I can't see
> the value of adding a new config option.
I could envisage adding GLIBC_PRIVATE exports of the GMP functions in
libc, and using those from libm, as part of fixing the problems with
inaccuracy of cpow functions (which requires very high internal precision
for some arguments).
Joseph S. Myers