This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] mprotect segments with extra PROT_WRITE bit when DT_TEXTREL bit is set
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Fangrui Song <maskray at google dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 15:55:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mprotect segments with extra PROT_WRITE bit when DT_TEXTREL bit is set
- References: <email@example.com>
On 08/23/2018 07:52 AM, Fangrui Song wrote:
* elf/dl-reloc.c (_dl_relocate_object): __mprotect with extra
This needs a bug in Bugzilla (is it bug 20480?), reference in the
ChangeLog entry, and, ideally, a regression test.
I can see that the current code has a problem, but I assume we do things
this way because we want to create an RWX mapping, even temporarily.
System security policy may prevent the creation of such mappings. We
would have have to flip between RW and RWX protection flags around IFUNC
handlers to fix that.