This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: What to do about gnulib libio dependencies?
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 14:24:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: What to do about gnulib libio dependencies?
- References: <email@example.com>
On 20/08/18 13:32, Florian Weimer wrote:
gnulib has a few modules which touch libio internals which aren't really exported:
This is a problem because it is not apparent from the glibc sources that the implementation details used by these functions are actually used
Should we just add these functions to glibc? In some cases, the interactions with wide oriented streams could be problematic.
i think it's better to define them in glibc.
gnulib already checks if these functions are provided by the libc: