This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Locales: Use CLDR matching thousands separator
- From: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 21:01:02 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Locales: Use CLDR matching thousands separator
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
16.08.2018 11:28 Marko Myllynen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> [...] But of course going back and forth on the glibc side is not ideal
> if CLDR does the change some time in the future.
That's my reason to oppose against this change but my opposition is weak.
That means, if other people want to introduce this change I will not
> But currently it is
> unclear when, if ever, that might happen, it could be several releases
> (years) from now.
> Perhaps do nothing for now, and prior next release try to conclude from
> the CLDR ticket whether it then seems warranted to apply this patch or not?
I hoped Unicode would reply more quickly. If it does not then your idea looks
like a good middle ground.