This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Introduce ELF_INITFINI for all architectures
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 14:15:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Introduce ELF_INITFINI for all architectures
- References: <20180623214521.290CE402DFEF9@oldenburg.str.redhat.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 08/14/2018 12:06 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Subject: [PATCH] Introduce ELF_INITFINI for all architectures
This supersedes the init_array sysdeps directory. It allows us to
check for ELF_INITFINI in both C and assembler code, and skip DT_INIT
and DT_FINI processing completely on RISC-V.
A new header file is needed because <dl-machine.h> is incompatible
with assembler code. <sysdep.h> is compatible with assembler code,
but it cannot be included in all assembler files because on some
architectures, it redefines register names, and some assembler files
conflict with that.
Do we have consensus that this is the way to proceed? I would like to