This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Makeconfig (ASFLAGS): Always append required assembler flags
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot eti dot br>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 15:32:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Makeconfig (ASFLAGS): Always append required assembler flags
- References: <20180704142954.4F54743994575@oldenburg.str.redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20180816100007.04f7d5a0@tereshkova>
On 08/16/2018 03:00 PM, Gabriel F. T. Gomes wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 07/04/2018 04:29 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Otherwise, it is impossible to set ASFLAGS differently from CFLAGS
without also overriding essential flags such as -Wa,--noexecstack.
I understood that this patch will let us set ASFLAGS from the
command-line. You mentioned CFLAGS because that's how we could indirectly
set ASFLAGS, right?
Correct, but it also affects compilation of C sources, so it is not
always desirable to use this.
If so, looks good to me.
Thanks for the review!