This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't build libnsl for new architectures
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 09:09:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't build libnsl for new architectures
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 6:38 AM, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This makes it possible to exclude a library depending on the minimum
> shlib version.
This seems like a good mechanism to have in general, but for libnsl
specifically, I wonder if we should continue to install a stub library
(an .a library only, containing a single object file that defines no
symbols, would be the safest) for the sake of Makefiles that may have