This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] aarch64: Update ld.so for vector abi
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Alex Bennée <alex dot bennee at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 09:33:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] aarch64: Update ld.so for vector abi
- References: <email@example.com>
On 08/02/2018 06:43 AM, Alex Bennée wrote:
> I've tested the linker works with the failing test case so you can have
> Tested-by: Alex Bennée <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The patches look sane to me but I'm not really that familiar with the
> guts of glibc's resolver hooks. One question though, given we gate on
> GLRO(dl_hwcap) & HWCAP_SVE is this something that will be true for all
> binaries that run on a kernel on SVE enabled hardware even if the
> library or application don't use any SVE registers?
Yes it would. Which is among the reasons why Szabolcs is saying these
functions should never go through the PLT at all, so we don't have to deal with it.
Which is of course an upstream compiler problem.