This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] aarch64: Update ld.so for vector abi
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, rth at twiddle dot net, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: nd at arm dot com, marcus dot shawcroft at linaro dot org, Richard Henderson <richard dot henderson at linaro dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 09:17:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] aarch64: Update ld.so for vector abi
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/02/2018 06:44 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> ok (ld audit is another reason to avoid plt for vector functions..)
If you avoid the PLT with no way to add back a call through the PLT
this completely breaks developer tooling that uses the PLT, like
LD_AUDIT, latrace, and custom tooling. Be aware that there are large
customers in various industry verticals that use LD_AUDIT extensively.