This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: V3 [PATCH 04/12] x86/CET: Extend arch_prctl syscall for CET control
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:56:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: V3 [PATCH 04/12] x86/CET: Extend arch_prctl syscall for CET control
- References: <CAMe9rOozV6D0PMC3WVy2Mo5TB5nCrtP2anDPfZb_X3=3kdtiPA@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018, H.J. Lu wrote:
> CET arch_prctl bits should be defined in <asm/prctl.h> from Linux kernel
> header files. Here is the updated patch to add x86 <include/asm/prctl.h>.
> OK for master?
I don't think the relevant condition for removing such a wrapper is "after
the CET kernel interface has been committed into the public kernel". It's
after we require kernel headers recent enough to have that interface,
which may well be several years away. Once the interface has been
committed into the public kernel, the wrapper should be updated to name
the kernel version that has it and to say it should be removed once we
require kernel headers at least that recent.
Joseph S. Myers