This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] x86/CET: Add tests with legacy shared objects
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 20:19:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86/CET: Add tests with legacy shared objects
- References: <20180718031104.GA12426@intel.com>
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, H.J. Lu wrote:
> * sysdeps/x86/Makefile (tests): Add tst-legacy-1,
> tst-legacy-2, tst-legacy-2a, tst-legacy-3, tst-legacy-4,
> tst-legacy-4a, tst-legacy-4b and tst-legacy-4c.
> (modules-names): Add tst-legacy-mod-1, tst-legacy-mod-2 and
I think the use of "legacy" without "cet" in test names is problematic.
You mean legacy with respect to CET support, but there could be any number
of new features with respect to which there are legacy objects (lacking
support for the feature, or lacking markings indicating state with respect
to the feature, or similar). So I think the test names should all mention
Joseph S. Myers