This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't add nis subdir for new architectures
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 20:12:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't add nis subdir for new architectures
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 4 Jul 2018, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> +* Future architecture ports will no longer build a compatibility libnsl
> + shared library, and --enable-obsolete-nsl will be ignored on those
> + architectures.
> +This option has no effect on architectures that were added after the
> +2.27 release.
There's ambiguity here about new ABIs for existing architectures. (Since
they should be like new architectures regarding symbol versions, they
should also be like new architectures in this regard.)
Joseph S. Myers