Re: glibc 2.28 is in slushy freeze.

Hi Carlos,

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:24:52 -0400, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>
wrote :

> Community,
>
> We are in slushy freeze.
>
> I'm going to start reviewing the patches for the release blockers.
>
> Please help me in doing so.
>
> If you are not on the list of release blockers and need some kind
> of ABI change, please speak up now.
>
> I have already reviewed Maciej's ABSOLUTE changes in this regard
> and they are OK for 2.28.

Depending on how gnulib syncs on glibc, I /might/ request that at least
the very first patch from the Y2038 series (the one which defines
__time64_t) be pulled in the upcoming glibc release so that I can move
forward with Paul Eggert's request that at least part of the Y2038
glibc patches go through gnulib first.

This patch would have zero impact on existing code as it just adds a
publicly visible type, and therefore presents zero risk of breaking
existing user source or object code.

I'll follow up on this reply as soon as I know whether I do need
to request the patch pull in or not.

Cordialement,
Albert ARIBAUD
3ADEV