This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] malloc: Remove malloc hooks (Bug 23328)
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: carlos at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 20:53:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] malloc: Remove malloc hooks (Bug 23328)
Florian Weimer <email@example.com> writes:
> Correct. At that point, you are still single-threaded, so you don't
> need all that complicated synchronization. (You might need a dummy
> allocation for bootstrapping, though.)
I'd still need the recursion check. There's no real advantage to
replacing atomic ops with non-atomic ops, other than readability.