This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] ldbl-128ibm-compat: Add printf_size
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot eti dot br>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 13:11:30 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] ldbl-128ibm-compat: Add printf_size
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Sat, 30 Jun 2018, Joseph Myers wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Jun 2018, Gabriel F. T. Gomes wrote:
>> This patch adds __printf_sizeieee128 as an exported symbol, but doesn't
>> provide redirections from printf_size, yet. All redirections will be
>> installed in a future commit, once all other functions that print or
>> read long double values with binary128 format are ready. In
>> __printf_fp, when 'is_binary128' is one, the floating-point argument is
>> treated as if it was of _Float128 type, regardless of the value of
>> 'is_long_double', thus __printf_sizeieee128 sets 'is_binary128' to the
>> same value of 'is_long_double'. Otherwise, double values would not be
>> printed correctly.
>This patch is OK.
Thanks. Now pushed.