Re: RFC V3 [1/2] test-in-container

On 03/02/2018 12:05 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
+# The intention here is to do ONE install of our build into the
+# testroot.pristine/ directory, then rsync (internal to
+# support/test-container) that to testroot.root/ at the start of each
+# test.  That way we can promise each test a "clean" install, without
+# having to do the install for each test.
+#
+# In addition, we have to copy some files into this root in addition
+# to what glibc installs.  For example, many tests require /bin/sh be
+# present, and any shared objects that /bin/sh depends on.  We also
+# build a "test" program in either C or (if available) C++ just so we
+# can copy in any shared objects that GCC-compiled programs depend on.

I think we need something to run these tests outside the Makefile framework, similar to testrun.sh.

Thanks,
Florian