Re: Locales: Thousands separator

On 06/20/2018 06:42 PM, Rafal Luzynski wrote:
> 20.06.2018 10:10 Marko Myllynen <myllynen@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I have been under impression that the long-term plan for glibc locales
>> would be to use CLDR data as source to the extent possible [...]
>
> True although I always assumed that the differences between CLDR
> and glibc would be allowed if we have a good reason to differ.

Each case is unique.

In this case we don't have a strong rationale for being different.

We should match CLDR within reason.

We could switch to NBSP, and just wait for the CLDR ticket to be
resolved, and then switch back to NNBSP and we would both match.

The goal is to try harmonize this data across the various
implementations. There is nothing more frustrating for users
than to have different display data like this.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Carlos.