Re: RFC: x86: Fall back to lazy binding for unrelocated IFUNC symbol [BZ #23240]

On 06/06/2018 06:10 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:

Is this derived from the X server use case, where they load additional DSOs

No idea.  It is in elf.

So you have just run the elf testsuite with LD_BIND_NOW=1 and filed a bug because the test failed?

I'm not sure if such purely synthetic test cases make sense. If you want to get rid of lazy binding, you should concentrate on actual issues in the GNU system (such as the X issue I mentioned).

Thanks,
Florian