Re: The "abortion" joke

On May 10, 2018, Torvald Riegel <triegel@redhat.com> wrote:

> LOL

> When one doesn't filter what's coming through the "waves [...] on the
> Internet", sometimes it just brings a whole lot of garbage that
> otherwise circles around itself out there on the ocean :)

Torvald,

I believe such a toxic tone is not adequate for this community, unlike
that of the message you responded to.  To me, your message comes across
as a provocation within the cool-down period, and as an attempt to
suppress dissenting speech that I happen to find throughtful and
appropriate.  That's not surprising that we disagree about it: I largely
agree with that opinion, and you disagree.  That's why I argued we
should refrain from emitting such opinions during the cool-down period.
But Carlos's guidance is that it's ok to express them at this time, so
I'm posting this.  Everyone else, please excuse the two-past-the-end
message.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer