Re: glibc 2.25 seems to have broken AddressSaniitzer Inbox x glibc x sanitizer x

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 3:25 PM Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 8 May 2018, Konstantin Serebryany wrote:

> > Any chance we can get better glibc<=>asan cross testing and
collaboration?

> My comments in February still apply: to avoid breakage going undetected
> until too late, someone familiar with asan development should be running a
> bot to find problems within a few days, not after a release, and
> contributions of continuous testing are welcome; even our existing bots
> running execution tests aren't properly maintained.

> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-02/msg00633.html
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-02/msg00645.html

This is not really what I am asking for.

Our current situation is that asan (ab)uses undocumented and unsupported
features of
glibc that glibc periodically changes, and has the full right to do so.

What I am asking for is to have a set of documented and supported features
that will support asan
and that will be tested as part of the main glibc test suite.
(https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/ThreadPropertiesAPI is my old attempt,
but it didn't get attention)