Re: commit reversion without review

On May  8, 2018, "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv@altlinux.org> wrote:

> I suppose he just forgot how things are done here.

It is absolutely correct to state I had no idea that reverting a patch
that had gone in without consensus and that was still under discussion
required the reversal patch to be posted in any special way.  I don't
see any such rule spelled out.  Still, I followed the written procedure:
I posted the proposal, met the consensus criterion and, after several
days, I installed the proposed reversal.

I do not see how it was a mistake.  It was *fixing* a mistake.  If
anything, I might not have to have waited that long to do so, but since
following the procedures was not such a big deal, I did.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer