Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:
> nobody objected when I offered to do so.

I objected strongly to re-introducing the text to the manual.  Perhaps
you missed that email.  None of the arguments put forth have changed my
opinion of the patch.

> Therefore, by the same reasoning that led to the mistaken installation
> of the patch,

The patch had consensus according to our procedures at the time.
Consensus does not require unanimity, nor does it require an arbitrarily
long time to allow for interested parties to respond.

> and after a much longer wait for objections, I understand there is
> consensus on my reverting it.

We continue to discuss it, and opinions are strong on both sides.  IMHO
we do not have consensus, and reversion is not yet justified under the
consensus rules.

If you wish to justify reversion under the "I was ordered to do so by
the president" argument, that's different (although that also seems to
be a topic of dicussion).