Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

  > It is easily interpreted in such a way that we, the glibc developers,
  > share the view that the U.S. government is actively suppressing
  > certain voices and positions on societal issues.

There is an official US policy, commonly known as the "global gag
rule", which forbids foreign aid to clinics if they ever inform
patients about abortion and abortion rights.

This policy existed when Dubya was president.  Obama cancelled it when
he became president, and Trump reinstated it when he became president.
I think it started in the 1980s.

Congress is now considering a proposed law to extend this gag rule to
many clinics in the US.

The joke is about this policy.

    This view is common
    among groups which are diametrically opposed to most of your personal
    political views (I assume, after a quick glance at stallman.org). I
    think it is very wrong legitimize claims of such groups about
    U.S. government suppression in any way, and I'm surprised that you
    disagree.

Since the joke is a clear reference to a real US government policy, I
think its meaning is clear enough.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.