Re: Bugzilla: editbugs privs

On 02/22/2018 04:14 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 02/22/2018 10:13 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

>>> That did the trick, thanks!
>>>
>>> OOC, is there anything in particular I should be saying in a closing
>>> comment?  It feels weird to just write, "Fixed."  I get not wanting
>>> empty comments, but I guess there's no (visibly) tracking changes of
>>> state otherwise?
>>
>> Often we say "Fixed in X.Y" as a simple way of making it doubly
>> clear when it was fixed and to remind oneself to set the milestone :-)
>
> Sure, but I think the real reason is that Bugzilla requires something in
> that field.  Maybe we should just ask for a configuration change to drop
> that requirement?

Is there otherwise a visible history of the status changes, though?
Nice behaviour IMO would be if it auto-generated a "Marked as RESOLVED
FIXED by Some Dev." comment if the status changed but the comment was
empty, but if you couldn't follow status changes because no comment was
generated, that'd be worse than the current situation, which after I
thought about it for a bit is why I asked what I should say instead of
why I have to write something.  :)

Rical