Re: Multiarch interpreter names for traditional architectures

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

>  With the above observations in mind do you still think the regular MIPS
> ISA and the microMIPS ISA are a part of the same ABI as far as the choice
> of the dynamic loader is concerned?  Or do you maintain that it's merely

Yes, because my notion of a glibc ABI, as in the list at
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/ABIList>, is that "same ABI" must be an
equivalence relation.  A MIPS binary can use a microMIPS dynamic linker,
and vice versa, and doing so is fully functional on hardware that supports
both, so they are the same ABI.  And taking the transitive closure to make
it an equivalence relation, r6 microMIPS also ends up being the same ABI
as r3-r5 microMIPS despite different instruction encodings and so not
being able to execute on the same hardware at all.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com